Summer Performance Guide
Air Conditioning Performance tips for Summer
- Make sure you switch your air conditioning system from heating to cooling. Heating is symbolised by the sun and cooling by the snow flake. Make sure that the snowflake is showing when you want your home to be cooled.
- For maximum efficiency, close off areas of the home that don’t require air conditioning. Closing unwanted zones, shutting bedroom and bathroom doors will keep the controlled air where it is required.
- If you have unused rooms with open zones, ensure the doors are slightly ajar so the pressurized air can move back to the return air grille.
- Check that all the outside doors and windows are closed so the conditioned air doesn’t escape.
- Close curtains where possible to reduce the excess heat from windows and glass areas.
- The return air filter needs to be cleaned every 3 months. Remove the filter, hose, clean it and leave it a couple of hours to dry. After replacing the filter make sure you press the filter reset button if the symbol is flashing. All return air filters should be replaced after 12 months. If you need a replacement filter call your local Ford & Doonan store for a replacement.
- If you are experiencing technical issues or faults with your system please do a reset of your air conditioner system before contacting Ford & Doonan. Like any computer, power drop-outs or surges can interrupt the operating system. In most cases a simple reboot is all that is required. Locate the external isolator switch on your air conditioning unit. Turn the switch to the off position. Wait 3 minutes and turn the switch back on.
If the unit does not reset or you have any further questions, contact your local Ford & Doonan Service Department.